Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Little Babushkas

Original Post: Tuesday, July 29, 2008

This post is really just going to be a barrage of photographs. I've finally gotten myself somewhat disciplined about not only bringing my camera with me when I take the kids out, but also actually taking pictures. I know it's sad that it took me a year and a half. But those of you with young kids can relate to me, I'm sure. Taking pictures while also trying to manage deathwatch is a tricky thing. But we've had a busy week or so and I got a few pics of all our events. So here goes...

I thought I would update you on Asher's progress in his big boy bed. He finally fell asleep in the actual bed after a few nights. Proof:

However, I went in 2 hours later and...
I returned him to bed and went to check on him a little later. He looked much more comfy, like he's taking a snooze in a hammock...

Lately, there's been a lot of this...

So we nixed the pillow for a while.

Saturday was my niece Ava's birthday party at Hager Park. They had fun running around with their cousins. And they actually wore birthday hats for a minute. It was uncanny. I was impressed.





Landon, Coltin, Ava, Donovan, Addison, Asher, and Egan

Sunday we went back to my parents' and their cousins and Laney came over to play.
Uncle Day-day (my brother Daniel) and Asher

Addison and Laney
Addison got a hula skirt the day before at Ava's birthday party. I made her wear it all day.
Last week I brought the kids to my mom's and we played on the neighbor's trampoline.



And with rocks.


Then yesterday, we went over to Coltin's to play with him and his water table. I don't think my kids really got it.


And finally, today we went to the Splash Pad at Lamar Park. They weren't so all about it. I think the water was a little cold for them. But they had fun making my mom and me chase them around.


Eating Lunch


So there you have it. A photo journal of our last few, very busy days. It's been so great for the kids to be outside so much. They don't get to go out too much during the week because I find it utterly impossible to take them out by myself. They're too fast and our yard it too treacherous for little feet that are not too sure of themselves. It's been wonderful to see their little grins and hear their heart swelling giggles as they've torn around terrorizing nature.
Hope you're all having a wonderful week!

~erika

No comments: