Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Heaven, anyone?

Original Post: Saturday, September 06, 2008

I'm sick of political arguments. I hate them. I hate how up in arms I find myself when I'm talking about it. I hate that there are only two choices, neither of which are great and I have to choose the lesser evil. I hate slanderous commercials. I hate people speaking to me like I'm a halfwit because I love the Lord and my faith affects the way I think politically. I hate reading about candidates and hurting my brain trying to decipher truth and facts from incorrect innuendos and outright lies. I hate that there are so many angry men on AM radio who yell all day about what they think is right and wrong.

It's in days like these that my heart becomes very, very homesick. I long for heaven and closeness with my Jesus with every fiber of my being. I long for my home where there are no games and no hidden agendas. Where there is no one crouching around like a lion looking for whom he may destroy. Where there is no wool to be pulled over anyone's eyes and, instead, there is revelation and enlightenment and fulfillment.

I keep picturing the Little Engine That Could, huffing and puffing and straining and plugging away up that steep, daunting hill. "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..." That is me right now, huffing and puffing and struggling through this life that almost always feels like an uphill battle to keep moving. Just another inch. And just like that little train I keep going. Not because it's fun or easy. But because I know what lies on the other side. In that valley there is hope and promise and reward. And there is Jesus. For that, I will keep on. And when I get there, and I am walking hand in hand with my Lord, I will remember the little blue train and echo her words. "I thought I could, I thought I could, I thought I could."

My greatest hope is that when I think those words, my Savior will lean over and whisper, "I knew you could, I knew you would, and you did."

~erika

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

totally agree..read my blog.

Anonymous said...

www.anointedbutterfly.blogspot.com